Octobers in Delhi have a reputation for being seriously fashion-forward. It’s fashion week season after all! And the best way to navigate through the sartorial spectacle of Amazon India Fashion Week Spring-Summer ‘16 is to check out our chatty live coverage on Twitter and visual treat on Facebook.
Here are the highs and lows of what happened on day 1:
- Highs: An interesting lineup. Raw Mango & Anavila debuting. Vaishali S was back. An off-site by Shivan & Naresh at the Imperial Hotel.
- A higher high: Humble Indian fabrics getting a haute makeover.
- Low: The new event venue is a sunnier place, and we don’t mean it in the good way.
- Best show performance: Sanjay Garg/Raw Mango – the group of singers went from humming to beatboxing to foot-thumping.
- Most celebs in the frow: Raw Mango again! We saw Deepti Naval, Konkana Sen, Soha Ali Khan and Mini Mathur looking ravishingly beautiful in Sanjay Garg’s Mashru drapes.
- Best use of colour: Raw Mango yet again. We have a thing for bright reds and rani pinks.
- Biggest street style trend: The saree is the new skinny jeans! And you heard it first here, on Joos.
- Best accessories: Kavika Bhartia with hair accessories so pretty. Oh, her clothes were pretty, flirty, flowy and feminine too!
- Best use of fabric and technique: Vaishali S. Love how she says “fabric is thread and thread is fabric” and means it.
- Interesting silhouette: Vineet Bahl’s crisp white, ankle-length wrap-around pants. We can see ourselves live in them come summer.
- Best set: Raw Mango. The zillion strings of jasmine were meant for drama!
- Best put-together show: Anavila. The industrial loom set up, the walk, the lights, the music, the minimalistic makeup, the drapes, the comfort-fit blouses, everything was just so perfect.
- Designer we’d love to steal clothes from: Anavila again. Want (scratch that) NEED a linen saree (or two) like that in our lives.
- Sexiest show: No prizes for guessing – it was Shivan & Naresh’s beach party. The strategic cut-outs, the candy colours, the vertiginous gladiators, the bassy music. It was a show with a view!
- Best snooze-fest: Rabani & Rakha. The lesser said, the better.
- Best hair: Heavily oiled, tight braids at Raw Mango. No fuss. Tres chic. Grandma approved!
And now that we feel like an Awards show, we’ll get back to feeling fashionable on day 2 and bring in the details of the collections later, but soon-ish!